Come out and play!
SUNDAY PARKWAYS are FREE events for you, your family and friends to play in car-free streets. You are invited to take to the streets to walk, bike, run, and play! Streets will be closed in different Ferguson neighborhoods for each event.
2014 SUNDAY PARKWAYS DATES & LOCATIONS – PLEASE JOIN US!
- June 8: Old Ferguson West Neighborhood
- August 24: Ted Jones Trail
- October 12: Old Ferguson East Neighborhood
- Rock Climbing
- Dance Classes
- Rocket Building
- Jumping Rope
- Hula Hoops
- Bicycle Safety
- Health Screenings
- Bicycle-Blended Smoothies
- Free Helmets
- Lifesize Chess
- Fitness Contests
- and much more!
Bring (or ride!) your bike down to Sunday Parkways and visit our “Bike Alley”. Here’s what you’ll find there:
- Valet Bike Parking – a secure area to park your bike while enjoying the event
- Trailnet’s Bike Blender – use your pedaling strength to power a blender and make yourself a smoothie to drink
- Free Bike Helmet Fitting – free helmets will be fitted and given to all who need one, all ages welcome
- Safe Bike Riding Lessons – learn how to ride safely and confidently
- Free Bike Loaners – a few adult size bikeswill be available for use during the event; drivers license required to ensure their return
THIS EVENT IS DESIGNED FOR EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY FAMILIES!
- Promotes physical activity and fitness
- Encourages people to consider biking or walking as a viable form of transportation
- Creates social networks among neighbors who might not otherwise meet
- Builds a sense of community through shared activity in a no-pressure environment
- Returns a sense of ownership of the streets to the people
- Gives people an up close view of their town
- Builds support systems among neighbors…